As Designer, you will build the social learning ecosystem from scratch that millions of users will use to have the freedom to follow any career path they want. This is a full-time position for a long-term project. You need to be based in Berlin.
We are Octomo
- Our Origin. We (Julian, Bastian and Szymon) analyzed and researched the mental problem of loneliness and social bonding of adults. We were invited for the interview at YC, because we boiled down the key parameters humans need to build trust and establish long-term relationships (e.g. acceptance, reciprocity).
- Our Mission. Educate the World through Connection. We design a holistic, goal-oriented learning experience for life-long learning. Imagine, you are always surrounded by good friends who like what you like. You are celebrating each other's wins, and are reaching your goals together.
- Why Us. Online education can be amazing to learn and become whatever you want. In fact, most people feel left alone, overwhelmed and eventually give up advancing their career. We know how to connect people on a deeper level and how to build an environment where people achieve their career goals.
We are all about personal connection. Here are some hard facts about us. For everything else, we will take the time in the interview.
- Julian - Co-Founder. Scaled a Blockchain Startup in China from 5 to over 100 people, worked at leading German companies (e.g. Daimler).
- Bastian - Co-Founder. Former Sales Executive at a Berlin AI startup (exit last year), former Chairman of NIMS.
- Have the freedom and flexibility to work your way (working style, flexible working hours, tools you want to use, and many more).
- Join a team that researched social bonding for adults, thus, brings a unique understanding of how to build a truly human learning ecosystem.
- Design a product that solves the pain for millions of professionals that are being left alone while learning online, so that they can achieve their goals in life.
- Have the opportunity to grow into a leadership position (if you want to).
We all are not perfect. If not everything applies to you, we still would love to get to know you.
- You enjoy the freedom to execute the way you think is best. We are all unique in how we work, designing our way of working moves us forward.
- You have designed web apps. You designed web apps that delight, engage, and excite users.
- You have the business impact in mind. Whenever you design, you understand the business impact if it. You know how to prioritize and take pragmatic decisions.
- You love to understand the user. You rely on centred design principles to produce high-quality design.
- You live and are registered in Berlin. This is a requirement given by EU Commission funding us.
- You will build the design from scratch.
- You'll be the first Designer on the team.
- Over the next few years, we'll build up a team around you.
- You'll design across web app, website, and the brand.
- We believe in being fully open and appreciating all perspectives without judging. We believe in the power of diversity and support every human being no matter their cultural heritage, how they love and what they believe in.
- We are a bit obsessed about personal growth. We give each other as much feedback as we can. We celebrate our victories and reflect on our losses.
- First principle thinking! Thank you Aristotle for bringing it up. We seek to understand the root cause, and not to treat symptoms.
- To the full suite of Octomo’s values: Join Us
How to apply
Just forward your LinkedIn or CV to email@example.com. To get an idea about the questions we're excited to ask, take a look below. Feel free to include an answer to one of them when you reach out - we are curious to get to know you:
- What excites you about learning?
- What is your favourite product?
- Why do you like designing?
We would love to hear from you!
Bastian, Szymon, JulianApply